Honey Buns Strawberry French Toast
French toast is a classic breakfast and brunch option, and it's made even better with Little Debbie® Honey Buns. Lightly battered and fried, Honey Buns are then sliced and filled with smooth cream cheese and fresh, juicy strawberries. Refreshingly delightful, Honey Bun French Toast is topped with powdered sugar and more strawberries! You can even add different fruits like fresh bananas or sweet blueberries. Give this delicious dessert a try and share on Little Debbie social media!
Makes 6 Servings
1 Carton Little Debbie Big Pack Honey Buns, Split
1 Cup Block Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
2 Cups Fresh Strawberries, Divided and Sliced
½ Cup Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoons Butter, Divided
- Spread 2 tablespoons of cream cheese over cut sides of each Honey Bun; Sandwich together with a few sliced strawberries.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla extract.
- Melt half of the butter in a large skillet set over medium heat.
- One at a time, dip stuffed Honey Buns into egg mixture.
- Cook in batches for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown on each side, adding more butter as needed.
- Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with remaining strawberries.
- Serve immediately.
Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, yogurt or ice cream!