Devil Squares® Layer Cake
Little Debbie® Devil Squares are fanciful and enjoyable in this rendition of an icebox cake! Each Devil Square is layered with melted milk chocolate, smooth cream cheese and topped with whipped topping and delicious chocolate shavings. This sweet dessert is sure to wow guests and will leave them asking for more. Perfect for your next party or as a midweek treat, this cake will take the spotlight! Try Devil Squares Layer Cake for a simple indulgence.
Makes 12 Servings
2 Cartons Little Debbie Devil Squares
1 Container Whipped Topping, Thawed
1 8 oz. Block Cream Cheese, Softened
1 Stick Butter, Softened
1 Milk Chocolate Candy Bar
1/2 Cup Baking Cocoa
2 Cups Pound Powdered Sugar
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Unwrap 12 Devil Squares cakes, and layer on bottom of an 8 x 8 pan.
- Using a saucepan, melt the butter and baking cocoa on medium heat until it bubbles. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and powdered sugar.
- Pour chocolate icing on top of cakes and allow to cool completely.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese, whipped topping and granulated sugar.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the cooled cake.
- Garnish with shavings from chocolate candy bar.
- Refrigerate for up to one hour before serving.