I always seem to have an abundance of Little Debbie Mini Muffins in the pantry. My daughters do eat them almost every day for breakfast. They are so simple to grab and go, and they are tasty, too. I wanted to surprise the girls after their first successful week of school, so I headed to the cupboards to see what I could whip up.
My girls love my ooey-gooey, 7-ingredient brownies, and they also love Little Debbie Chocolate Chip mini muffins. I whipped up the brownie batter and dropped frozen Little Debbie Mini Muffins into the center, and then baked! They are a perfect mash-up dessert. Tender, rich and decadent brownie cups hiding a sweet chocolate chip Mini Muffin surprise in the center. I also topped these adorable little dessert cups with vanilla buttercream, chocolate ganache, and a Little Debbie Mini Muffin for garnish.
They are a perfect mash-up dessert. Tender, rich and decadent brownie cups hiding a sweet chocolate chip Mini Muffin surprise in the center.Juliana Evans
Chocolate Chip Mini Muffin Stuffed Brownie Cups
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 packages of Little Debbie Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins, frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fill cupcake pan with paper liners. Spray liners with nonstick spray to keep the brownies from sticking. Be sure the Little Debbie Mini Muffins have been frozen solid to prevent browning in the oven.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt butter and then add in sugar and cocoa powder. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Stir in eggs, salt and then vanilla.
- Finally, add in the flour.
- Pour brownie batter into each lined cupcake pan, about 3/4 of the way full.
- Gently press a frozen Little Debbie Mini Muffin into the center of each filled liner.
- Bake 20-24 minutes until edges are slightly crisp.
- The mini muffins will sink down a bit while cooling.
- You can use store-bought vanilla buttercream frosting or prepare your own. Refer to this link for my vanilla buttercream frosting recipe.
- Place an additional Little Debbie Mini Muffin on top of buttercream frosting.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache, fudge, or sauce over the top of buttercream frosting.