Busvlogger, James Moore, coordinated putting together the perfect pair by throwing a party where attendees could sample Little Debbie snacks accompanied by their choice of Hiland Dairy products. Who doesn't love a glass of ice cold milk after a late night dessert?!
THE SWEET STUFF
LITTLE DEBBIE AMBASSADORS
Posted by James Moore
I love yogurt, especially when it is frozen and I can trick my brain into thinking I am eating ice cream. I love handing the girls a treat that is made up of fruit and yogurt. These Berry Brownie Fro-Yo Cups are made with fresh fruit, vanilla yogurt, and Little Debbie Mini Brownies! Quite honestly, in addition to my Fro-Yo cups serving as a dessert, I am content when my girls grab a Berry Brownie Fro-Yo cup for breakfast or a midday snack.
This recipe is simple and quick to put together. Berry Brownie Fro-Yo cups are also adaptable with different flavors of fruits, yogurts, nuts, or Little Debbie minis. I love knowing my girls can head to the freezer in the rush of our morning schedule and grab something easy and satisfying on the way to school!
Berry Brownie Fro-Yo Cups
Servings: 8-10 standard cupcake size
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt (or your favorite flavor)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 packages of Little Debbie Mini Brownies (8 total Mini Brownies) or you may use Little Debbie Chocolate Chip or Blueberry Mini Muffins
- Additional blueberries, strawberries, and Little Debbie Mini Brownies as garnish option
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yogurt and fruit. Mix well, so all are coated.
- Crumble the 8 Little Debbie Mini Brownies into the yogurt and fruit mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Line a standard-size cupcake tin with paper liners. I like to lightly spray the papers with nonstick spray to ease the paper removal when ready to eat.
- Scoop yogurt mixture into prepared paper liners almost to the very top.
- Garnish the top of each filled cup with additional blueberries and strawberries you have on hand, as well as more crumbled Little Debbie Mini Brownies.
- Freeze at least 8 hours until frozen solid through the center.
- Take out of freezer when ready to eat!
I always seem to have an abundance of Little Debbie Mini Muffins in the pantry. My daughters do eat them almost every day for breakfast. They are so simple to grab and go, and they are tasty, too. I wanted to surprise the girls after their first successful week of school, so I headed to the cupboards to see what I could whip up.
My girls love my ooey-gooey, 7-ingredient brownies, and they also love Little Debbie Chocolate Chip mini muffins. I whipped up the brownie batter and dropped frozen Little Debbie Mini Muffins into the center, and then baked! They are a perfect mash-up dessert. Tender, rich and decadent brownie cups hiding a sweet chocolate chip Mini Muffin surprise in the center. I also topped these adorable little dessert cups with vanilla buttercream, chocolate ganache, and a Little Debbie Mini Muffin for garnish.
They are a perfect mash-up dessert. Tender, rich and decadent brownie cups hiding a sweet chocolate chip Mini Muffin surprise in the center.Juliana Evans
Chocolate Chip Mini Muffin Stuffed Brownie Cups
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 packages of Little Debbie Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins, frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fill cupcake pan with paper liners. Spray liners with nonstick spray to keep the brownies from sticking. Be sure the Little Debbie Mini Muffins have been frozen solid to prevent browning in the oven.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt butter and then add in sugar and cocoa powder. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Stir in eggs, salt and then vanilla.
- Finally, add in the flour.
- Pour brownie batter into each lined cupcake pan, about 3/4 of the way full.
- Gently press a frozen Little Debbie Mini Muffin into the center of each filled liner.
- Bake 20-24 minutes until edges are slightly crisp.
- The mini muffins will sink down a bit while cooling.
- You can use store-bought vanilla buttercream frosting or prepare your own. Refer to this link for my vanilla buttercream frosting recipe.
- Place an additional Little Debbie Mini Muffin on top of buttercream frosting.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache, fudge, or sauce over the top of buttercream frosting.